Foam Roller Workshop
About the workshop
This interactive workshop is designed to identify foam rolling techniques and demonstrate how they can be used to improve overall health and performance.This workshop is facilitated by expert sports Physiotherapists and is open to everyone including runners, athletes, sports persons, physiotherapists, medical professionals and fitness professionals.
Foam Rollers are used to soften, stretch and re-align the muscles in problem areas in order to relieve tension, promote recovery and prepare the body for additional training. The simple but versatile Foam Roller is a useful tool to alleviate the painful and stiff muscle knots experienced by runners, athletes and other active people. This 4 hour highly interactive (almost 90% lab) workshop is designed to identify foam rolling techniques to demonstrate how they can be used to improve overall health and performance.
The workshop covers:
- The Science of foam roller techniques
- How Foam Rolling can help the body
- How to warmup with foam roller
- How to use foam roller for recovery
- Basic principles of self Myofascial release
- How to locate the ‘running’ muscles to roll
- How to release tension and knots
- How to use foam roller for relaxation
- How to use foam roller for flexibility
- Progressive exercises using foam rollers/lab
What’s a Foam Roller?
A foam roller is a tool which allows you essentially to give yourself a deep tissue massage by loosening out adhesions and tightness in the body. The foam roller has been dubbed ‘the poor man’s massage’ tool but we think of it as the wise man’s/woman’s massage that you can do daily at home.
You know that lovely feeling in your legs the day after your sports massage when all the knots have been loosened out? Imagine being able to have that feeling of fresh legs every time you run. With a bit of practice on your foam roller you can have loose refreshed legs on every run and help prevent injuries.