Type 1 Diabetes Management
At Aasaan Health Solutions we treat type 1 diabetes with basal bolus insulin using newer insulin analogs and consider pumps as the most effective way to administer insulin. We work with you to convert insulin prescriptions to more physiologic dosing patterns and use carbohydrate counting as the preferred method to calculate boluses for carbohydrate intake. We stay very involved with you at all stages of your learning to better self-manage your diabetes and trouble-shoot if and when problems arise.
TYPE 1 DIABETES SUPPORT
This group consists of people living with type 1 diabetes themselves or people who live with someone with type 1 diabetes. We meet once every two months, and cover important topics based on the need of the group:
- emotions associated with living with type 1 diabetes
- carbohydrate counting
- hypoglycemia treatment
- hypoglycemia unawareness
- insulin pumps
- glucose sensors
- managing diabetes during travel, social situations, sickness, stress
- insulin injection techniques, insulin storage
- concerns of relatives, spouses, parents of a person living with type 1 diabetes
- impact of type 1 on menstrual cycles and pregnancy
- going to school and exercising safely
Our goal at Aasaan Health Solutions is to help you achieve optimal health with the least amount of medication.